Monday, July 4, 2011

Stranger than Fiction

You may think I am strange, but I just love watching crime shows.  Oh, I don’t mean Hollywood’s hour-long melodramas featuring whoever the current hunk or starlet (do they even use that word Starlet anymore?) happens to be. 

I’m talking real-life people who temporarily, or more-often, permanently go berserk. Or, most-likely, were ALWAYS strange but no-one ever seemed to notice! 

My Friday and Saturday nights are often filled watching 48 Hours, 20/20, Dateline, Cops, and America’s Most Wanted (have to check-in to see if any faces showing up on my computer from those silly dating sites are being hunted by modern-day cowboy John Walsh). 

Then there is late night on the History Channel delving into daily prison life of some of the most hardened criminals.  And don’t forget the interesting stories about the gangs in our big and small cities across the country.  I just LOVE watching this stuff.

Week after week tales of murder and deception bombard my TV.  It’s enough to make ever the sweetest, most innocent person a bit suspicious.  THAT’s where I get my suspicious nature. lol

This 4th of July weekend I’ve been paying special attention to the Casey Anthony trial in Orlando, Florida.  I’ve been interested since the beginning and have followed most of the sensational headlines and quick snippets here and there.  But for the past two days, I have been listening intently to the closing arguments.  And just now, Judge Perry’s instructions to the jury.

In case you’ve been in a coma for the past 3 years, Casey Anthony has been accused of murdering her 2-year old daughter.  This trial has everything.  Murder, Lies, Abuse, Lies, Sex, Lies, Affairs, Lies and, did I say Lies?   It’s amazing how the story has spread its tentacles.  It has reached out to include unbelievable tales of friends of Casey Anthony, her mother, her father, her brother, her boyfriend and even the imaginary Zanny the Nanny. 

Not sure how long the sequestered jury will take to render a verdict, but I’ll be listening.  Life is stranger, and definitely more interesting, than fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Your comments are appreciated!