Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Happy you Found my First Post!


Much of my time is spent at this narrow desk.
 Welcome to my world!  Come on in!  Excuse the mess of papers scattered across my desk, and my umpteen pairs of reading glasses (in assorted strengths) cluttering my work space. 

I’ve been thinking about blogging, or at least writing down my thoughts for myself and family, for quite some time, but somehow keep finding excuses and put it off for some crazy reason or another.  No More!  Today I am making that commitment.  I want to get into the routine of jotting down my thoughts.  It’s good therapy... (and I am sure I could use a "little" therapy...can't we all?)  Besides, maybe I can help someone else relate to their feelings, or share the bits of wisdom I’ve picked up in my…. ummm…61 years on this planet.   Or at least, hopefully, I can bring a smile to your face and entertain you once in a while.

I suppose everyone feels like this occasionally, but I seem to come up with The.Most.Terrific.Ideas. at The.Most.Inopportune.Times!  When I’m in my car, or when falling asleep, or when I’m too busy to jot down my thoughts.  Then, when I actually sit down to write, I can’t, for the life of me, think of anything worthwhile or witty to say!

So, let me begin with a little background on me.  Hopefully, as you read through my blogs, you will get to know the real me…with my good qualities and slight (?) imperfections all rolled into one.  But most importantly, I hope to be able to keep your attention and have you asking for more, More, MORE! 

I have two adult children, they are educated, gainfully employed and married with families of their own.  And yes, that makes me a grandma (there, I said it) to 5 (aged 5 and under) of THE most perfect grandchildren.
  
I’ve been divorced now for three years.  Quite surprisingly, after a 36-year marriage (together for 40 years), my ex decided to leave  (I am sure there’ll be more on that later).  I was a Stay-at-Home-Mom for the first 10 years of my marriage...retired from an 18 year stint as an office manager for a civil engineering company, and I am a former folk guitar instructor.   

I am fortunate to now be working part-time at home for a non-profit company that promotes tourism to Michigan.  That means I am also blessed to have the time to care for my grandchildren on a part-time basis, too.   That’s me in a nut shell.

Don’t know what the next subject (read: ranting? raving?) will be, but hope you check back often so that we can get to know one another. 


And remember...Wrinkles Don't Hurt...Much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Your comments are appreciated!