Saturday, April 16, 2011

Internet Dating 101 – Even More Profile Questions


My likes?  Interests?  What I was looking for?   

I struggled with the notion that perhaps I shouldn’t be filling out this nonsense at all…especially for all the world to see.  I mean, I wasn’t really looking for anything or anyone particular.  The absolute LAST thing on my mind was marriage. 

Truthfully?   I was just beginning to relish my “alone” time (as alone you one can get babysitting part-time for 5 grandchildren under the age of 6, and working part-time in my home office).  This was the very first time in my life that I was living on my own and, frankly, I was enjoying it.  

I can definitely see how someone who lives alone can get set in their ways.  
And yes, there were/are worries to being alone:  finances being the biggest; wondering about old age without being a burden on my children.  Lots of other less significant worries, too, but most, I must say, have worked out. 

You know?  One doesn’t know how strong (or handy around the house) they can be until put to the test.  I have amazed myself at what I have been able to accomplish.  It’s a great feeling!

After some light soul-searching (light being the operative word), I was able to put together a few short paragraphs about me and satisfactorily complete my profile.  I added a few photos of myself and was ready to post my new profile out there for all the world to see.


Continue Internet Dating

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Your comments are appreciated!