Saturday, April 23, 2011

Internet Dating - Tier Two - Voice

I’ve found that as soon as you give out your cell number (a gal’s got to be careful) over e-mail, the phone rings immediately.  Doesn’t matter what the time….even during the wee hours of the morning. 

I learned this late one evening when the ringer on my phone interrupted the nighttime silence, startling me.  The call came only seconds after sending my number out to someone by e-mail.  I thought it strange at first, but have come to discover that it is commonplace.

So…the phone rings and you talk.  If the talk is give-and-take, then that’s a great thing (it’s not fun being ALL on the “listening” side or being ALL on the “chatty” side…I’ve been on both ends).  Is he asking the “right” kind of questions?  It’s a delicate balance. 

If there are too many personal questions, you feel like you are giving out too much information.  If there are no questions and it’s all about him, he seems uninterested.  Just watch for the questions (or requests) that are too personal…some of them deserve a hang-up…being just this side of an obscene call.

Then there is the voice.  I hate to admit it, but yes, even the voice matters…to me, at least.  Proper English? Accent?  Too loud?  Too soft?  Too much profanity?  If you don’t like something now, it will only get worse as you get acquainted.

You can learn a lot about a person from a phone call.  Listen carefully.  Read between the lines.


So he passed Tier Two - The Voice?  Then it’s on to Tier Three – Face-to-Face.

Click here to read more about Internet Dating Fun.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Your comments are appreciated!